[Zope] Plone: Portal tab for Articles, Links etc

Jock Coats jock.coats at jcsolutions.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 12:43:15 EDT 2004

Here's what I think might be a really obvious thing I'm missing.

The News portal_tab that you get by default seems to pull published
news items out from inside members' individual folders.

Can I do something similar and equally simple to get tabs for the other
content types a user can create in their folders?

Eg.  I wanted one for links.  Members create links in their own
folders.  I had to move them into a folder object I created at the root
of the Plone site.

Is there an easy way to replicate what the news tab does for specific
content types so a user can publish an article in their own folder and
I pull all of those out to list them via a portal_tab?

Jock
--
J1e Morrell Hall, OXFORD, OX3 0BP, United Kingdom
T: +44 1865 485019 F: +44 845 1275714 M: +44 7769 695767