[Zope] Memory Problem

Marco Mans MMans at gti-group.com
Tue Apr 13 08:30:49 EDT 2004

Hi!

I've build a website with zope where users can upload
PDF-files via a simple webform. (multipart/form-data)
After sending the PDF Zope will save the received data
in a LocalFS directory.

This works just fine. But I discovered a big problem:

I uploaded a big PDF file (10Mb). When I look at the
Physical Memory load during the upload I see how zope
is using more and more memory. After the upload the
Physical memory load is about 15 Mb higher as before the
upload. Then I see how zope releases the memory when it
finished the write-action. But the memory load BEFORE the
upload is much lower than AFTER the upload. Somewhere
is a memory leak. But where??? My server with 2Gb memory
is now out of memory....

When I stop and start zope again the memory load is
normal again...

Does anybody knows what is happening here?

THANX for your Help!!!

Marco Mans.