[Zope] Ape & MySQL: Error adding ZODB MountPoint

Elena Schulz elena.schulz at gmx.net
Wed Apr 14 05:35:18 EDT 2004

Hi Shane,

thanks for your answer ...
> No, Ape does not use Zope's database adapters.  It uses the Python DB-API
> module interface.  You seem to already have everything you need installed.
Fine
> > Something like: connect(db='ape' , user=?, password=?)
I tried: connect(db='ape' , user=myUser) and it worked (means the user was
detected) but I didn't find a way to specify the password yet. password,
pword or pw were not accepted as params. I'll try to find in the Python
DB-API.

> Perhaps.  The problem has nothing to do with Ape.  You need to figure out
> how to connect to MySQL.  I would work on connecting using the "mysql"
> command-line client first.
Ok, at least I know where to start ...

> I'll try to give you pointers, but I don't have much expertise in this
> area.  For testing, I wiped out my MySQL database and started over this
> way (as root):
>
> /etc/init.d/mysql stop
> rm -rf /var/lib/mysql
> mysql_install_db
> /etc/init.d/mysql start
I'm using windows so it'll be different, but I'll try to connect via the
mysql_python api.

-- thanks again, Elena