[Zope] update external methods

Geir Bækholt lists at elvix.com
Thu Apr 15 04:38:06 EDT 2004

Wim,
Thursday, April 15, 2004, 10:04:37 AM, you wrote:

> I have several external methods. These are files in the map Extensions.
> How can I edit these files with zope's FTP? I also want to edit the
> files in the Product map. How can I do this with FTP?

> I can go to the server and edit the files, but I want to do it with
> Zope's FTP or any other method.

You cannot. There is a reason they live on the filesystem and not in
the ZODB and the web-interface - security. You can do all sorts of
nasty things with External methods, and you do not want anyone else to
be able to do that. For through-the-web-editing, use pythonscripts. If
what you need done needs so the privileges of Products or external
methods, it needs to be as secure as possible.

:)

 Geir Bækholt    ·   Interaction Engineer   ·    Plone Solutions

 Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com