[Zope] 403 error

Tim Zegir trzegir at ncable.net.au
Mon Apr 19 02:37:40 EDT 2004

Thanks for that but no luck :(.

(See comments below)

It has Apache 2 if anyone is interested

> >--------------
> ><IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> >RewriteEngine On
> >RewriteLog logs/domain.com-rewrite_log
> >RewriteLogLevel 1
> >RewriteRule ^/(.*)
>
>http://zope.domain.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/doma
> >n/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]
> ></IfModule>
> >----------------
> >But when ever I go to domain.com I get a 403 error (You don't have
> >permission to access / on this server).
> >
> >Does anyone know whats wrong?
> >

> You need to load mod_proxy and enable it using "ProxyRequests On".

When I do this I get the following error
--------
Invalid command 'ProxyRequests', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
-------
Im positive that I have both mod_proxy and mod_rewrite installed (they
are loaded in the httpd.conf)

> For security reasons, I always put all these directives in a
> <VirtualHost> section.  Otherwise somebody can use your proxy-enabled
> apache to hide porno webs and consume you bandwidth.

It already is in a <VirtualHost> :)

> Regards
>
> Santi Camps

Thanks