[Zope] 2.6.3 --> 2.7.0: Where's my w_pcgi?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Mon Apr 19 14:33:58 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:11, Tiller, Michael (M.M.) wrote:
> Just because somebody didn't ask for it doesn't mean they wouldn't use it if it was there.  I just happened to know that it was abandoned so there was really no reason for me to ask.

I realize this.  I did ask on the list way back about dropping support
and received no response whatsoever, which I took as a resounding "ok",
which was presumptous certainly but no one jumped up to help either.
;-)  It would have been quite hard to integrate PCGI resource setup into
the current setup process (which is actually pretty simple, as it uses
distutils to do most of the hard work).

>  That being said, I'm not upgrading to 2.7.x precisely because it doesn't have PCGI and I don't have a convenient way of achieving what I want with 2.7.x for one particular Plone site I'm involved in.

Well, luckily you're not forced to upgrade.  FWIW, the support still
exists in Zope's configuration (via the pcgi-server server type),
there's just no way to create the PCGI resource files with the current
installer.  I think it would be pretty easy for someone to come up with
a PCGI resource installer that was separate from Zope using the stuff
from 2.6 should they need to.

- C