[Zope] Question about application design

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 20 17:28:04 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 11:39 am, Robb Shecter wrote:
> I just discovered the TransientObject.  How about I add a Transient
> Object Container to the temp_folder, which will store my application
> data?  That looks like it'll work...
>
> My data set is read-only, by the way.
>
> I also just discovered how easy it is to get access to the SESSION
> transient object from a python script, and how you can easily use that.
> Very nice.
I've never used any transient objects myself.  If your data is read-only and
it is associated with a single user session, then it seems almost ideal to
store it in the SESSION object. Even if it were mutable you could probably
store it there as long as you set _p_changed explicitly when necessary (not
possible from a python script though).  Sounds like you are getting pretty
deep into Zope rather quickly, enjoy.

Alec Mitchell