[Zope] Request & has_key

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 19:14:21 EDT 2004

Hi Ausum,

Ausum Studio wrote:
>>- How can I reliably check for the existence of a given key in the
> request?
>
> You use REQUEST.has_key as you already know.
...[snipped references to solved problem re. string vs. integer]...
> So your previous sentences
> should need to look like this:
>
> if req.has_key('job_step'):

The problem is that this test /always/ fails - if I leave this logic in
place, I simply repeat the initialisation /ad infinitum/. If I bodge
this check (do-able in a test environment), the logic unfolds as intended.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple - but I am at a loss as to what!

> Zope properties machinery doesn't need this as far as you provide a compound
> value like 1:int for the variable name 'job_step'. But that doesn't work in
> custom created form validation.

I don't follow this - could you expand a little, or direct me to a
fuller explanation, please?

Cheers,

PhilK