[Zope] Installing on Apache ISP without server process

Ian Brockbank ian at scottishdance.net
Thu Apr 22 06:35:52 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am planning to move to a CMS, and Zope/Plone look like exactly what I am
wanting.
However, I have hit a snag.  All the documentation I can find seems to
assume ZServer
is running, and that CGI is deprecated.  However, my ISP does not allow
long-running
background processes, so this is not an option for me.

Can I still run Zope without a server process?  If so, where would I find
documentation
on how to go about it?  (If not, I will have to regretfully say goodbye to
Zope and look
at other CMSs instead.)

My web site only serves of the order of hundreds of pages per day, so
performance is not
a critical issue.

Is there anything I can point my ISP at which would help _them_ install Zope
and provide
the server process?

Thanks in advance,

Ian Brockbank