some characters problems? was: Re: [Zope] WEBDAV

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Fri Apr 23 04:23:40 EDT 2004

Bakhtiar A Hamid wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 March 2004 18:14, John Poltorak wrote:
>
>>How do I get started with WEBDAV?
>>
>>Can I use Firefox as a client and if so do I need to configure it to act
>>as a WEDAV client?
>

> maybe this will help.  this mostly applies to kde users though.
>
> http://www.my-zope.org/Members/kedai/kdezopewebdav.news

gives me interesting zope site error, what I found in last time
manytimes at zope servers, not only at zope.org.

So it is due some code update, or something wrong?
I use zope 2.5.1 and there if some character not included in used
charmap, no server errors (but no no-problems, for eg. STX does not make
formatting, putting "another" char into for example gadfly, it puts an "?").

Regards, JL.

Site Error

UnicodeEncodeError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 163, in publish_module_standard
     * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
45, in new_publish
[...]
     * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 96, in pt_render
       <ZopePageTemplate at /mzng/newsitem_view used for
/mzng/Members/kedai/kdezopewebdav.news>
[...]
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 369, in attrAction_tal
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 615, in translate
     * Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 260, in translate
     * Module
Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PlacelessTranslationService, line
109, in translate
     * Module
Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PlacelessTranslationService, line
439, in translate
     * Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 433, in _encode_unicode

UnicodeEncodeError: 'latin-1' codec can't encode character u'\u0159' in
position 1: ordinal not in range(256) (Also, an error occurred while
attempting to render the standard error message.)

--

Jaroslav Lukeš

--
Tento e-mail nemu*že obsahovat VIRY
jelikož nepocházi z virózního systému M$ Windows!