[Zope] tracing permission settings

Small Business Services toolkit at magma.ca
Sun Apr 25 10:56:45 EDT 2004

From: "Roy Mathew" <roymath at yahoo.com>
> I have a user logged in with a somewhat restricted role (eg:
> Authenticated) that is not allowed access to certain resources, and he
> gets a login box popup.
>
> What I would like is for a way to tell exactly which resource needs
> the elevated permission, so I can simply go fix it.

Put the following lines into the dtml method 'standard_error_message'

Error Type: <dtml-var error_type><br>
Error Value: <dtml-var error_value><br>
Error Traceback: <dtml-var error_tb><br>

And then click on the 'Cancel' button when you are prompted for an id/pwd.
This should give you an error message which describes the resource you are
trying to access without permission.

HTH

Jonathan