[Zope] Zope Web Developer Needed in Pleasanton, CA area

Chris Bruce cbruce at sleeter.com
Mon Apr 26 20:26:26 EDT 2004

I hope this is ok for me to post this to this group....

Zope Web Developer Needed in Pleasanton, CA area.

Approximately ½ time (will vary)
Contract or Employee
Some telecommuting allowed

seminar provider, specializing in QuickBooks. We are looking to develop a
long-term consulting relationship with a professional, energetic,
self-motivated Web Technology expert. We are a busy, dynamic and growing
company - but we still remember how to have fun while working.

The successful candidate will have a positive, professional demeanor,
excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to work as a team player.
The nature of the work will require that the candidate demonstrate
initiative and responsibility and be flexible/adaptive to a fast-paced and
fluid business environment. Experience managing multiple projects at once,
demonstrating a sense of urgency, and appropriately prioritizing projects
are a big plus.

Job Description:
You will be responsible for the maintenance and development of our Zope 2.7
based Web site. You will also provide various system admin and desktop
support functions as needed. The Web site is already built and includes a
combination of DTML, ZClass, Python based Zope products and MySql data
storage. Ideal candidate will be a problem solver with the drive to
implement new ideas and improvements to our Web site as our business
dictates. You'll work with the company founders and our technical marketing
group to build and implement new projects as well as maintain the existing
site.

Skills/Requirements:
Detail oriented, flexible individual who enjoys working independently while
communicating regularly and efficiently with the team. Must have strong
organizational and communication skills.

1+ year Zope experience
1+ year Python experience
3+ years web development experience
3+ years SQL database experience
MS Office applications

Preferred:
Microsoft Windows server 2003
Exchange Server
Network Router setup and maintenance
QuickBooks
FileMaker Database
Experience managing online forums, shared files, and community building
Ecommerce Experience - Yahoo Store or other

Email resume to jobs at sleeter.com (PLEASE NOTE - NO Email attachments)
NO Calls regarding this position will be accepted.