[Zope] front middle and back

aamehl aamehl at bezeqint.net
Thu Apr 29 05:38:00 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am designing an application that will manage content: audio, notation
and text. The frontend take the user input. The backend is the db and
directory structure.

The middle end relays to and from backend to frontend.

I am having trouble visualizing where existing zope products will help
me and where I need to create python scripts to interact with the front
end and backend.

For example I want to check the database for existing information and
send a page back to the frontend (plone).

I haven't installed any products yet related to databases but is the
product the place to query the database from or should I write a python
module/script to do that for me.

In other words what does the Zope product do for me?

I don't mean to sound stupid but I am most confused by this and would
prefer not to reinvent the wheel if at all possible.

The above in just one scenero. For audio I need to upload a file to a
remote directory and scan the headers and then user the header info to
update the database. Again a Zope product or a python script/module??

Thanks
Aaron