[Zope] import CSV file

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu Aug 5 16:08:32 EDT 2004

The easiest would be if you initialise the csv.reader with field names,
because then each row will be a dictionary that can be passed as keyword
arguments to a ZSQL method. In this case, the ZSQL method must have
argument names matching the csv file's fieldnames:

    for row in csv_reader:
        YourZSQLMethod(**row)

If the csv file don't have fieldnames then you must do the keyword
assignment yourself:

    for row in csv_reader:
        field1, field2, field3 = row
        YourZSQLMethod(arg1=field1, arg2=field2, arg3=field3)

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za

* garry saddington <garry at joydiv.fsnet.co.uk> [2004-08-05 21:33]: