[Zope] How can you make python library available in python script

Peter Millar peter.millar at parasyn.com.au
Thu Aug 5 19:36:01 EDT 2004

Sorry for the multi post first of all .

In
http://plone.org/Members/runyaga/presentations/OSCOM/workshop/oscom.html
it says "Exposing existing python libraries is trivial." and
"Zope and CMF provide the services that Plone consumes. What does this
mean for a developer?
*	any/all libraries (thousands) available to Python are usable by
Plone"

But there is no documentation anywhere saying how this can be done . for
instance I go to the web and find a great charting library pychart or
chartdirector.  How can I add it so that it is available in python
script.  Please don't respond by saying use ZGDCHART because Ihave tried
this also and cannot get it to install either.  I would prefer to learn
how to add a library to zope . it can't be that hard.
I have searched(google and the mailing lists) and found that if I put
the library in my plone\python\lib\site-packages directory but once I do
that I am not sure how to reference the library classes from the python
script . I have tried doing an import but I keep getting import of
<package name> is unauthorised.
Any suggestions or help or  suggestions for other things to google would
be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance.