[Zope] SQLSession works great - ZopeSession is a disaster

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 04:27:17 EDT 2004

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:00:03 +0200, Harald Koschinski
<harald.koschinski at friatec.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we used SQLSession for some years with success and switched to
> ZopeSession / CoreSession  when we changed to Zope 2.6.
> At this moment the problems with Sessionmanagement began. I am now at
> the point thinking about a migration back to SQLSession.

I've also had no joy with the Zope Session machinery. Every now and
then when I get cycles to spend on it I try and work on it, but I've had no
time at all in the last 6 months or so. (Yes, I've fed the updates back to
Chris at the time)

> My Question now: Does SQLSession reliable work with Zope 2.6 and future
> releases or is this great / fantastic / best Zope product declared as dead??

I use it on 2.6 under fairly heavy load, and it works fine. Don't mistake "lack
of recent updates" with "dead" - there's been no bugs that required a new
release, so I've not done so.

I've not yet had reason to try it under 2.7 - upgrading to 2.7 will be
a significant
effort here, because of all the customised deployment and control software we
use (a couple dozen ZEO clients, half a dozen ZEO servers, all controlled by a
central script, including deployment and the like). If there are
issues with it in
2.7, I'd love to know about it, and would be happy to release a newer version
if that's the case.

Anthony