[Zope] Problem with zope and long strings - SOS

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Aug 6 13:38:50 EDT 2004

kepes.krisztian wrote at 2004-8-6 14:41 +0200:
>My problem is that:
>I want to js.alert with long strings.
>I create these strings, and the complete js code.
>But zope is wrapping my strings like that:
>
><script>
>function aaa{
>jscode...
>s="xxxxxxx ........
>";
>jscode...
>};
></script>

Usually, Zope does not break lines even when they get long.

Note, however, that in some cases you must prevent newlines
around DTML constructs as they may end up in the generated code.
You can do something like:

    <dtml-XXXX ...
    ><dtml-YYYY...>

I.e., you put the newline into the DTML construct.
The DTML parser does not allow newlines at all places
but before the ">" is at least possible.

--
Dieter