[Zope] ZCatalog query

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Aug 6 13:35:18 EDT 2004

jens.walte at kk.net wrote at 2004-8-6 11:58 UT:
>i search for a possibility to query a catalog like this:
>
>catalog({'meta_type':myobjecttype,
>         [x for x in 'keyword-index' if x.find(mysubstring) != -1]})

>there is a metadata (keyword index) for urls in my catalog
>and i have to know the catalogentries with a matching substring in this keyword-index

A few days ago, I released a new version of ManagableIndex.
Its KeywordIndex supports glob and regular expression
mathing (this includes substring searches).

Your search term should however start with plain text
(and not some kind of wildcard) when your index is really
large. Otherwise, searches may get too slow.

You find "ManagableIndex" at

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

--
Dieter