[Zope] Feeding Zope from UDP data

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Fri Aug 6 14:16:59 EDT 2004

 Hi,

 I need to feed a Zope instance with data coming from
 UDP datagrams. I figured out the following approaches:

 1) Make the Zope instance a ZEO client, and use another
    ZEO client (probably a Twisted app) to feed the data
    to the same ZODB storage.

 2) Use Zope inner services (http, https, webdav, ftp) as
    model to build my embeeded UDP listener

 3) Forget all about UDP and adapt the data source (a win32app)
    to use XMLRPC instead. But this is a last resort, because
    I think xml-rpc packets bring to much overhead to my scenario.

 Did I miss any other alternatives ? Is 1) obviously the best ?
 I would appreciate any comment.

 best regards,

 Rod Senra
 rodsenra at gpr.com.br