[Zope] Re: Zope 2.7 and scheduling

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 05:09:53 EDT 2004

Josef Meile wrote:
 > --- In zope at yahoogroups.com, Dieter Maurer <dieter at h...> wrote:
 >  > Gitte Wange wrote at 2004-8-8 17:25 +0200:
 >  > > ...
 >  > >All the stuff should be found at http://dev.legco.biz but that
website
 >  > >is down :-((
 >  > >Is the project discontinued or moved to some other website?
 >  > >I really need some schedule stuff in Zope.
 >  >
 >  > We are using Events from Zope's CVS and a scheduler from
 >  > Chris McDonnough (or similary spelled).
 > I'm also interested in replacing Xron, so, I looked for the scheduler
you mentioned and found it on the cvs of zope.org; however, there isn't
any README.txt nor CHANGES.txt on it. Do you or anybody else knows if
there is a page of the project with this info? I didn't found it.

 > I'm interested in, for example, on which products it depends -> I saw
Zope complains about the Product "Event", so, I installed it, but there
isn't a README with this info. I also saw that when you try to add an
instance of the Scheduler, you need something called "Event service",
which defaults to "portal_events". For the name, I guess it needs CMF
too, right? Can't be it used without it?

 > I'm also interested on knowing what bugs have been corrected.

Ok, I found that "Event Service" is available as soon as you install the
"Event" Product, so, I guess you don't need CMF after all. However,
after adding an instance called "portal_events" on the Root, then adding
a Scheduler, and finally scheduling a task two minutes on the future
with an interval of 3600 seconds (1 minute) and giving it a max age of
36000 seconds (10 minutes), it isn't triggered, the "Next Run Time"
isn't updated, and there is no traceback on the zope log. Do I have to
do/install something else?

Thanks,
Josef