[Zope] ldapuserfolder

Einar Næss Jensen einjen at nvg.ntnu.no
Mon Aug 9 17:47:44 EDT 2004

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2004, at 15:26, Chris McDonough wrote:
>
>> A guess: your LDAP server may have too many user entries to be processed
>> by this function.  You may need to change the LDAP server to
>> successfully return more than the default number of objects.
>>
>> This depends on your LDAP server, and the change probably needs to be
>> made there (and not within LDAPUserFolder).  For MS Active  Directory,
>> the answer is to set the the "MaxPageSize" setting to more than the
>> default (which is 1000) as detailed via
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271088.  For OpenLDAP, you set the
>> "sizelimit" key to more than the default by editing slapd.conf (see
>> http://www.ldapadministrator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14 ) .
>

> I can't reproduce that with a small sizelimit using OpenLDAP.
> ldap.SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED is explicitly caught in the delegate search
> method.
>
> The only thing I can think of is that AD spits out something
> malformed. The only way to find out (at least that's what I always do)
> is to step through it using pdb.

I have never used the debugger before, so I'm not sure if  did the
correct thing with it, but i found out that the function returns an
almost empty dictionary with only two items

also, in the "users" tab in ldapuserfolder in the ZMI, if I searc the
active directory without giving a username, i get the ansvear :
SN: Error
DN: n/a
Distinguished name : Too many results for this query
<http://mime.hf.ntnu.no:10080/testing/acl_users/manage_userrecords?user_dn=Too%20many%20results%20for%20this%20query>

i guess this is why it returns the error:
*Error Type: TypeError*
*Error Value: list indices must be integers
maybe?

*I will check out the active directory-server tomorrw as Chris McDonough
suggested. We have just about 1030 users in our active directory. (some
users less active than others)

Thanks both!

Best regards
Eianr Næss Jensen