[Zope] Re: Export usernames and passwords

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 11:50:28 EDT 2004

--- In zope at yahoogroups.com, Øystein Thune <thune at i...> wrote:
 > Thank you for replying. This could be interesting if I could use the
usernames
 > & encrypted passwords directly into a htpasswd file. Anybody knows
what kind of
 > encryption is used?
You can choose it. I created a emergency user with zpasswd and it asked
me what kind of encryption I would like either SHA or CRYPT.

I noticed not all the users have encrypted passwords. I have two users
the admin and my user on the basic Zope UserFolder of a fresh install of
Zope 2.7.2-RC1. "admin" has an encrypted password because I created it
with zpasswd, but my normal user was created from the ZMI and has a
plain password. Why isn't this included by default? Or at least an
option on the manage_addUser method to choose either or not to encrypt
the password?

 > >>I have a Plone-site that has a bunch of registered users. How can I
export both
 > >>usernames AND passwords from the zope-database. I want to use these
to access
 > >>another application.
 > >>
 > >>Please don't answer "You just have to write a script", because I
don't know how
 > >>to do that.
That's the only answer. You can't get them from the air
A good external method to start:
http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1008698882

to get the password, just call the _getPassword method of the user object.

Regards,
Josef