[Zope] Export usernames and passwords

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Thu Aug 12 12:01:12 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004, Øystein Thune wrote:
>Thank you for replying. This could be interesting if I could use the
>usernames & encrypted passwords directly into a htpasswd file. Anybody
>knows what kind of encryption is used?

Rather than export into an .htpasswd file, you might want to look at
mod_auth_mysql or similar apache modules that get the authentication
information from an SQL database.  This eliminates the need for file system
access, and mod_auth_mysql supports groups as well as user, passwords so is
quite flexible.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

Once at a social gathering, Gladstone said to Disraeli, ``I predict,
Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease''.
Disraeli replied, "That all depends upon whether I embrace your
principles or your mistress".