[Zope] read-only visitor skin?

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
Fri Aug 13 08:59:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am developing a Plone site that will have two skins: a visitors skin
(http://www.domain.com) and a management skin (https://manage.domain.com).

Simple enough in Plone, but I would like to really make the visitors site
read-only, and disable the ZMI. What would be a good approach?

- is there a way to disable all authentication at the apache site?
- is filtering everything with '/manage' an option?
- is there another way to disable the ZMI though a site access rule?

or should I run a separate zope instance that mounts the same database
read-only? (does this work?) but this would disable things like forums...

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud