[Zope] Re: MySQL thread connection question

Allen Schmidt aschmidt at fredericksburg.com
Sat Aug 14 22:04:00 EDT 2004

We use about 10 total database connections. We have 2 public clients and one 'admin' client. The 2 public clients use 7 zope threads and the admin one uses 4. So (10 x 7) x 2 plus (10 x 4) total mysql connections each time the whole thing starts up. Then if we kill off a dead client it leaves the old ones sleeping and connects new ones all over.  We do that several times and our da connections of mostly all sleeping is a few hundred.

The numbers may be off a bit but pretty close. This is what we are seeing.

Allen