[Zope] Mounted Databases with ZEO and Zope 2.7.2

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 03:15:17 EDT 2004

Travis Miller wrote:
>   * seems as though one instance would be easier to administer and
> maintain. ???

*shrugs* I guess, but it means you have to use exactly the same server
setup for each. I'd probably have done on each in their own instance..

> # the mount-point directive defines the point where to mount the object
> in the
> # destination db, but also tells where to pull the object from in the
> source db.
> mount-point /Portals/example.com/www
>
> so, if in the source db, i create the plone portal object(www) in the
> /Portals/example.com folder, the mount-point config finds that www
> object there and then mounts it in the same path in the destination db.
> however, if i create that plone portal object anywhere else along that
> path (/Portals/www, /www) in the source db, the same mount-point
> configuration finds the object and mounts it according to the
> mount-point directive.

Yeah, that's just normal acquisition happening :-)

> my example configurations show a single zope instance setup. the same
> configuration could be achieved through a zeo setup.

Right, yep :-)

And with ZEO you could split your storages across seperate servers,
which is also something you may want to do if any of your sites grows
significantly...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk