[Zope] Zope says ZEO_client added BTreeFolder2 has broken product

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Tue Aug 17 08:48:34 EDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:21:18 +0200
Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

> Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra wrote:
> >      from BTreeFolder2 import BTreeFolder2
>
> Here's your problem. On the client, you're adding
> BTreeFolder2.BTreeFolder2 instances.
> Through the ZMI you're adding Products.BTreeFolder2.BTreeFolder2 instances.

Great! Thank you Chris, changing the import statement to:
'from Products.BTreeFolder2 import BTreeFolder2' worked like a charm!

> You should use zopectl run instead of your hacked up ZEO client code...

I would love too, but unfortunately everything is running in Windows XP.

> Or, at a minimum:
>
> import Zope
> app = Zope.startup()

I did that with the following results:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_zeo.py", line 24, in ?
    app = Zope.startup()
  File "C:\Program Files\Zope-2.7.2-0\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py", line 47, in startup
    _startup()
  File "C:\Program Files\Zope-2.7.2-0\lib\python\Zope\App\startup.py", line 57, in startup
    DB = configuration.dbtab.getDatabase('/', is_root=1)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getDatabase'
"""
It seems that configuration.dbtab is None. Perhaps my code
lacks additional initialization ? Meanwhile, I moved back
to :
app = root['Application']
#app = Zope.startup()

> Rather than your own python path hacking.

Nevertheless, with your help <wink> it is working now!

I'm just trying to build a valid ZEO client code (in the absence
of zopectl). I have a Twisted app that pre-process datagrams and
deliver the result through ZEO to Zope's web rendering machinery.
But I'm always open to any bits of wisdom I can get.

best regards,
Senra