[Zope] Re: Physical path of objects in portal_skins tool of a CMF site

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Aug 30 12:40:02 EDT 2004

Hi!

Pascal Peregrina wrote:
> Ok, object is /site_staging/portal_skins/DEFAULT/testpath.html

So 'DEFAULT' is a skin layer and 'default' a skin that includes the
'DEFAULT' layer?

> When invoking it using http://myserver/site_staging/testpath.html (so I
> use CMF skins traversal with implicit skin=default)
> aq_parent(self).id returns site_staging, which looks ok to me.
> And getPhysicalPath() will return : '','site_staging','testpath.html'
>
> But I really need (for some complicated to explain reasons) to get the
> full physical path of the object.
> So something returning :
> '','site_staging','portal_skins','DEFAULT','testpath.html'

I guess you have no chance. SkinnableObjectManager.__getattr__ removes
the original acquisition context from the object. So if you invoke it as
attribute of 'site_staging', the object knows nothing about its original
context.

HTH,
	Yuppie

BTW: There is a CMF list, see