[Zope] Re: Physical path of objects in portal_skins tool of a CMF site

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Tue Aug 31 04:42:10 EDT 2004

You are right... (I just read the SkinnableObjectManager code for a while).

I found a workaround : setting a variable in the manage_afterAdd method of
my object that uses container.getPhysicalPath() to compute the path I need.
It looks like copy/paste/rename operations work fine, even inside
portal_skins, even when copying a whole folder.

What do you think ?

Anyway, thanks for the quick answers so far !

Pascal

-----Message d'origine-----
De : zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org]De la part de
yuppie
Envoyé : lundi 30 août 2004 18:40
À : zope at zope.org
Objet : [Zope] Re: Physical path of objects in portal_skins tool of a
CMF site

Hi!

Pascal Peregrina wrote:
> Ok, object is /site_staging/portal_skins/DEFAULT/testpath.html

So 'DEFAULT' is a skin layer and 'default' a skin that includes the
'DEFAULT' layer?

> When invoking it using http://myserver/site_staging/testpath.html (so I
> use CMF skins traversal with implicit skin=default)
> aq_parent(self).id returns site_staging, which looks ok to me.
> And getPhysicalPath() will return : '','site_staging','testpath.html'
>
> But I really need (for some complicated to explain reasons) to get the
> full physical path of the object.
> So something returning :
> '','site_staging','portal_skins','DEFAULT','testpath.html'

I guess you have no chance. SkinnableObjectManager.__getattr__ removes
the original acquisition context from the object. So if you invoke it as
attribute of 'site_staging', the object knows nothing about its original
context.

HTH,
	Yuppie

BTW: There is a CMF list, see