[Zope] duplicate or 'echoing' REQUEST?

Jim Abramson jabramson at wgen.net
Tue Aug 31 16:35:06 EDT 2004

Hi there,

Running 2.6.0 we have a curious intermittent syndrome involving what we
_suspect_ to be multiple identical incoming POST requests.

To be honest, this could be any number of things happening...however the
most obvious one (user clicking submit twice on the same form) has been
eliminated, after quite a bit of testing on various browsers (clicking
submit as many times as possible before the current html page/form
"leaves" does not reproduce the issue).

The problem ends up manifesting with unique-key violations from the
external rdbms, where it's trying to update or insert some row twice in
succession.  Or, more annoyingly, quiet double-insertion of some
submitted data.

Before we turn zope upside down and shake the hell out of it, has anyone
out there experienced a similar situation, or know of a programming or
configuration error that might lead one to expect this behavior?

Thanks for any advice,

Jim