[Zope] thousands_commas

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Tue Aug 31 17:16:07 EDT 2004

Hi. I'm not sure if this is a zope question, but...

I have a client who is insisting on being able to enter numeric data
into an HTML form (dtml-method in this case) using commas or not:

9999.00 or 9,999.00

I can output float information from the database ok, using the
thousands_commas directive, however input and submission of a form
using commas causes an error.

I've even tried to strip commas in the ZSQL Method update statement:

UPDATE ...
total_area=TRIM(',' FROM <dtml-sqlvar total_area type=float>),

but that does not seem to work either.

Any suggestion on how to allow this behavior?

BTW, this is legacy DTML. I cannot use ZPT here easily.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson at indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com