[Zope] Set Default Language

Alison Taylder ataylder at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 15:56:58 EST 2004

Dear members,

I am struggling to convert to ZPT and
PlacelessTranslationService. In particular I cannot
seem to be able to change the default language setting
on my browser which I did quite simply with Localizer
and MessageCatalog. I have used a python script to
create and set the access rule in the root of my site
as described in a previous post but to no avail.

I am using zope 2.7.

When I check my request variables I see that under
'other' the HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE is correctly set to
'fr', but I have an environ variable set to
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE 'en-gb, ja;q=0.20, fr;q=0.60,
es;q=0.40, en;q=0.80'. Could this be the problem ? I
am also seeing references to Localizer in my 'other'
variables eg AcceptLanguage
<Products.Localizer.Accept.AcceptLanguage instance at
0x43b09ccc>.
Are PTS and Localizer incompatible ?

Thanks for any help,

Alison