[Zope] Help! Can't restart Zope! (escalated from: Python switcheroo)

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 15:49:21 EST 2004

In the end, I reinstalled Zope, thanks Robert.

But I still have one small problem. While running
Python 2.4, a single corrupted object was created. It
is an instance of Folder, and appears out of
alphabetical order in a Btree folder. I can't edit or
delete it, and Zope won't pack.

In the past, I've tried fsrecover.py without results,
and have had to truncate my ZODB as described in
http://www.zope.org/Members/itamar/CorruptedZODB. This
time I will be aiming to remove one object buried
under tens of thousands of transactions, so the
procedure in the howto does not really apply. I will
just have to guess how much to cut off.

Is there not a better way?

Thanks!

Ken