[Zope] Newbie: TAL Conditions

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Tue Dec 7 09:36:42 EST 2004

You could wrap each <td></td> in a <span tal:omit-tag=""
tal:condition=""></span>

The tal:omit-tag="" will prevent the <span></span> to be output in the
resulting HTML code.

Pascal

-----Message d'origine-----
De : zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org]De la part de
Tom_Rectenwald at carmax.com
Envoyé : mardi 7 décembre 2004 15:21
À : zope at zope.org
Objet : [Zope] Newbie: TAL Conditions

Hello all,

I am a newbie at Zope, slowly traversing the learning curve.  I am focusing
on TAL currently, and am quite a bit confused with the tal:condition syntax.
I have a Z SQL Method that selects all records from a table in a PostgreSQL
database.  This method is called "getTransfers".  I then have a Page
Template called "displayTransfers" that displays the results as tabular
HTML.

This works fine.  However, where there isn't a record (i.e. an empty
string), a <TD> will not be defined so that it leaves ugly gaps in the
table.  To ensure that a '<TD>&nbsp;</TD>' replaces an empty string '' I
added two tal:condition statements.  This works, but is sort of ugly looking
as, in my head, it is the equivalent of two 'if' statements when it should
be an 'if/else'.  The below code works, however is there a cleaner way to do
this?

### START CODE ###

        tal:content="structure transfer/server">server</td>

### END CODE ###

I'm from a PHP/Perl/mySQL/postgreSQL background and am new to OOP, Python
and Zope so I greatly appreciate any assistance with this.

Regards,
Tom

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com