[Zope] DTML vs ZTP

André Amram Duque andre.duque at varig.com
Tue Dec 7 14:28:09 EST 2004

Ian Nunn wrote:

> I'm a third of the way through the Zope Book and understand the
> difference as it is written. As you can appreciate, in learning a new
> technology, what is missing is the experience that would guide your
> focus. What I would like is an idea of how real world developers use
> these in the following senses. Do you use one exclusively (in
> conjunction with Python)? Do you use primarily one or the other? Do
> you use both roughly equally? Are there classes of applications where
> you have found one is preferred? Your advice would be welcome.
>
> Best Regards
> Ian Nunn
> School of Computer Science
> Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, CA

Hi ...buddies
DTML only use to SQL Method.
In my opinion DTML is to create both logic an presentantion but I prefer
to separate the logic and the presentation (Python method scripts +
ZPT),  ZPT  obtain  success with  best practices and use XHTML.

DTML is hibrid format and ZPT flexible format.

Best Regards,

--
Andre Luís Amram Duque
Analista de Sistemas