[Zope] Re: Zope, Squid and Apache

David Chandek-Stark dc at duke.edu
Wed Dec 8 09:56:24 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote:
> Looking at the various bits of documentation for setting up Squid as an
> httpd accelerator for Zope leaves me a bit confused, especially on how to
> reconfigure Apache. It looks as though Squid should run as a listener on
> port 80, but how do I set it up as an accelerator for both Zope and
> Apache? And do I no longer need to set up any Rewrite rules in Apache?
> I'm having a difficult time picturing how the whole thing hangs
> together...

If you don't need Apache, you can run Squid in front of Zope directly,
but Squid doesn't come with its own redirector (to create the equivalent
of Apache's rewrite rules), so you'll have to find one or write one
yourself. Because I already knew Apache well, and was using it to server
other non-Zope content, I decided to put Squid in front of Apache in
front of Zope. It has worked well for my purposes.

--David