[Zope] Can't add Python processes

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 06:30:40 EST 2004

Hello all,

After reinstalling Zope I have only one active Python
process. (The parent process is also running but uses
no CPU time.) I think this must be negatively
affecting performance.

Zope 2.7.3-0
Python 2.3.4 (Final)

In zope.conf under zserver-threads, I first did
nothing, leaving the default. Then I tried different
values: 3, 7 and 10 with no effect.

Zope 2.7.3 (unreleased version) was running fine
before, with four threads. I needed to reinstall Zope
because I had lost and reinstalled Python 2.3.4.
During this latest install, Zope identified my new
Python as 'optimal'.

Both zopectl and runzope correctly set CONFIG_FILE to
my zope.conf. FWIW, debug-mode is off.

What am I overlooking?

Thanks,

Ken