[Zope] multi zope communication

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Dec 13 10:04:36 EST 2004

I had put together some code in the past would do things through the
zmi with calls via https passing the user password.  More to the point,
  it occurred to me that I ought to be doing this via xmlrpc or even
SOAP.  It opens up other possibilities besides the browser as well. The
key is doing it securely. I realize Zope is a xmlrpc server out of the
box but I wanted to make it work as a secure client as well since I
want to communicate with other zope instances.  Python's xmlrpclib does
not support basic authentication over https.  I guess it boiled down to
tracking down a resource that could do this.  This morning I found what
I was after - a class from ZSyncer that works just fine.  :-)

Regards,
David