[Zope] zeo.conf socket

Michele Marcionelli michele.marcionelli at math.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 13 10:36:43 EST 2004

Hello Zope-List,

I hope I'm in the appropriate list ;-)

I'm trying to configure Zope-2.7.3 with ZEO (this is my first
experience with Zope > 2.5.x) and I read somewhere that in the
configuration file 'zeo.conf' in the <zeo>-section you can set the key
'address' to a 'host:port' pair or a 'unix domain socket'.

In the <runner>-section there is also a 'socket-name' key, that's
default value is '$INSTANCE/etc/zeo.zdsock'.

Now: what is the difference between the 'address' (when set to a
socket) and the 'socket-name'? And where has the zope-client to 'point
to'? address od socket-name?

Thank you!!
Regards,
Michele Marcionelli

--
Michele Marcionelli - webmaster at math - Phone: +41 1 632 6193
Address: HG G 14 - Raemistrasse 101 - 8092 Zürich - Switzerland