[Zope] Running a process in the background

Will Smith witisi at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 10:14:49 EST 2004

I currently have a zope product that can download files from another
server.  The only problem is that while the file/files are downloading
the web client is stuck looking at nothing.

My goal is for the user to be able to click the "do download" button.
At this point the user is given a status page that says "download
running" and then be able to continue using the site.  Since I know the
filesize before the download starts I would love to able to do a status
page "download 58%".

Another caviate to this process, is that it needs to be able to run on
Linux and Windows.

I realize this is really a python specific question, but was hoping that
someone has implemented something similar on thier zope site.

Thanks in advance
Will Smith