[Zope] Return image from Python Script

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Tue Dec 14 10:33:38 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 15:39 +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> > btw. you dont need to give suffixes to images in Zope :-)
>
> IMHO *not* giving suffixes is confusing and bad. Everyone else on the
> internet uses extensions, and the fact that Zope can do without them is
> not a good reason to drop them...

I highly disagree. Filetype is inherent to the file. The suffix
is just opaque and a relict of old operanding systems.
I personally dont care on "anyone in the internet" because most
people there have no clue at all :-)
See the many references to index.html on sites.

Even Apache can do without (visible) suffixes.

Not using suffixes has a lot of advantages in Zope:
you dont need to write container['file.suffix'] or
getattr(). And you can freely swap filecontents
without changing the name all the time. For example
if you swap the .gif with a .png or .jpg where
appropriate.

Regards
Tino