[Zope] PHP vs. Zope/Plone? Which better overall and for what?

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Wed Dec 15 19:03:47 EST 2004

seberino at spawar.navy.mil wrote:
> I don't know much about web stuff.
>
> I can see amazing power in Zope and thought PHP was just
> for quick and easy little projects.
>
> However, I keep hearing about more and more big beefy
> web projects and companies using PHP.
>
> Without starting a flame war, is there a chance in future
> the power AND ease of PHP may win out over Zope?  Does
> Zope's architecture have some killer features that PHP
> can never copy?

For me going from Zope to PHP oe ASP (which I have had to do at
a number of occations) has been quite a disaster every time.

I'm always ended up trying to implement some feature of
Zope that's just not there (which I so use to by now, doing
Zope since 1999).

It might be that I'm just plain stupied or it might be that
ones your zoped, you're hooked for "life" ;-)

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM