[Zope] Re: PHP vs. Zope/Plone? Which better overall and for what?

Anderson xtreme02 at tpg.com.au
Wed Dec 15 21:24:09 EST 2004

Hi,

I think you should re-phrase your question.

You are comparing a Programming language to an Application Development
platform (Zope) and a content managment system.

Do you mean to compare PHP CMS systems such as Mambo, Drupal, Midgard etc.?

Because I've asked that question in the past and got a lot of helpful

The general tone was, although Zope/Plone have a steep learning curve,
the power is the flexibility.
Using PHP CMS systems are quite nice and easy with a lower learning
curve in the beginning but your more likely to find things you just
can't do without significant modifications.

Of course, I have not investigated PHP solutions in depth, only Plone
because of the usability out of the box and flexibility.

Regards,
Gareth