[Zope] Catalog DateIndex Range Query

Nathan Colgate Clark nathancolgate at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 14:39:49 EST 2004

I have a catalog of events.  Each event has a 'dateStart' and a
'dateEnd' property and index.  I want to search the catalog to see
what is happening in the next 5 days.  Therefore two things must be
true:
-The event must start sometime before 5 days from now (dateStart < today+5)
AND
-The event must end sometime after today (dateEnd > today)

It seems that _usage would do the trick, but that is deprecated.  This
would have worked well in my searchLogic script:

REQUEST.set('dateStart' : ZopeTime() +5,
          'dateStart_usage' : 'range:max',
          'dateEnd' : ZopeTime(),
          'dateEnd_usage' : 'range:min'
)

Thanks in advance for any alternative ideas,

Nathan