[Zope] Re: troubleshooting instance that won't serve pages

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Dec 16 14:55:04 EST 2004

Alan Snyder wrote at 2004-12-16 01:09 -0500:
>FWIW - i've encountered this a thousand times before. Usually, it was
>because I just installed a product that zope didn't like - like the
>archetypes, and more recently, some database connector that was out of
>date. What I usually do here is i remove the most recently added
>products until I get the server back and then one by one add the ones
>i removed until it breaks again, then i know what the problem is and i
>can usually restore the rest of what i removed and just isolate the
>nasty product. Happens to me ALL THE TIME when i was messing with
>archetypes.

This is much more difficult than it needs to be...

Instead: start Zope in the foreground (under Unix:
"bin/zopectl fg"; under Windows:
set EVENT_LOGFILE=some_file
runzope).

Under Unix, you must not have turned "debug-mode off".
You will see log messages on the terminal (detailing reasons why
(and which) product failed).

Under Windows, look into your logfile ("some_file" above).

--
Dieter