Dangerous SiteRoot [WAS: Re: [Zope] Basic problem with zope behind apache: no images, no frames, etc.]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 17 10:37:45 EST 2004

On 17.Dec 2004 - 10:40:06, David Convent wrote:
> If you have a VHM, you don't need any SiteRoot anymore.
>
> there is a lot of documentation on how to use apache in front of zope...
> http://plone.org/documentation/howto/plone-with-apache-1.3
> http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Zope/Using-Zope-With-Apache/
> http://www.cheimes.de/opensource/docs/zope-apache2/
>
> and another that helped me a lot for my first python/zope install from
> source:
> http://www.ctln.org/team/travis/careertech-webservers/config-and-install
>
> HTH

No and Yes :-)

The URL's didn't help me much, but I rediscovered the chapter in the
zope-book about VHM :-) Last time I read it, I had no need to read
carefully the part about VirtualHostRoot and VirtualHostBase. At that
time I setup Zope only for development.. But with those 2 I can do all
I need without SiteRoot :-)

Thanks for giving a broad hint

Andreas

--
You will have good luck and overcome many hardships.