[Zope] products folder

Pavlo Korzhyk pkorzh at ua.fm
Wed Dec 22 21:05:23 EST 2004

Hello zope,

  I am new to zope, but I tried to read documentation carefully.
  Anyway I have a problem with installing new products.

  Lots of products from zope.org/Products must be just unpacked or
  copied to the Zope's 'Products' folder.
  What folder should I use to install new products?
  Why should I use only that folder?
  Under Windows zope 2.7.3 default setup puts executables in
  the "C:\Program Files\Zope-Zope-2.7.3-0"
  and creates a folder "C:\Zope-Instance\".
  So I have 3 'Products' folders:
     C:\Zope-Instance\Products\
     C:\Program Files\Zope-2.7.3-0\lib\python\Products\
     C:\Program Files\Zope-2.7.3-0\skel\Products\
  I used to put new products to the first 'Products'-folder. But I
  noticed that a lot of products, which store additional files on
  disk and try to access them, do not work. Button  Builder for
  example (and ZopeBoard also) has a hardcoded variable
     localdir = SOFTWARE_HOME+'/Products/'+ProductFolder
  So ButtonBuilder must be copied to
  C:\Program Files\Zope-2.7.3-0\lib\python\Products\
  and doesn't work if you put it somewhere else.

--
Best regards,
 Pavlo                          mailto:pkorzh at ua.fm
                                     ICQ 155870780