[Zope] Emergency user and acl-users

Mark Barratt markb at textmatters.com
Thu Dec 23 03:58:11 EST 2004

David Hassalevris wrote:
> I do not like the idea of replacing acl_users in  Zope root.  Especially
> if you are attaching User Information to something like an external DB
> (if the DB server goes down you are locked out of Zope!). Also, if you
> use SUF - first test it out in a new subfolder.  When you are confident
> then drop it in a production (sub) folder.

Thanks. Problem is, this is an existing site that has been accreting
cruft, hard-coded absolute links, and all sorts for some years. I guess
I could choose a subfolder, do the tests, then copy the whole of the
site into that folder and use VHM to make it the effective root - but
there's a couple of hundred megabytes of stuff - is that a safe operation?

best

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313  email markb at textmatters.com
web http://www.textmatters.com