[Zope] Emergency user and acl-users

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Thu Dec 23 05:15:41 EST 2004

Hi Mark,

Mark Barratt wrote:
> Thanks. Problem is, this is an existing site that has been accreting
> cruft, hard-coded absolute links, and all sorts for some years. I guess
> I could choose a subfolder, do the tests, then copy the whole of the
> site into that folder and use VHM to make it the effective root - but
> there's a couple of hundred megabytes of stuff - is that a safe operation?

I've done this recently (dropped a large site down a level, used VHM to
address the change), and it worked perfectly. The site was tens rather
than hundreds of meg, but had some horrible links in it, none of which
broke. I did it on a production server, and it hammered the CPU for a
few minutes - you may need to be patient!

HTH!

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"Work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation." - Alasdair Gray