[Zope] New ZMysql adapter connection problem

Andy Dustman farcepest at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 14:54:43 EST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:58:02 -0500, Larry McDonnell
<larry at technologyinedu.com> wrote:

>  I'm test 2.7.3 out and I cannot create a connection to my database. I am
> using the new adapter ZMySQLDA-2.0.9b2 .and I loaded
> MySQL-python.exe-0.9.2.win32-py2.3.exe pointing it to the bin directory of
> my zope installation. It added it to my product list but when I try to make
> a connection I see the following:

> Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 183, in __init__ AttributeError:
> server_capabilities (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the
> standard error message.)

A well-known bug in MySQLdb-0.9.2 that occurs with Python-2.2 and
newer. I recommend using 1.1.7 or newer, or 1.0.0. There may be some
new Windows packages in the next few days; however, I depend on people
to contribute these because I cannot build them myself.
--
Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.

Using GMail? Setting Reply-to address to <> disables this annoying feature.